Is there a King or Queen still sitting on the Throne of Judah?...
THE QUEEN'S ROYAL DESCENT
FROM KING DAVID THE PSALMIST.
A. B. Grimaldi: THE possible descent of Queen
Victoria from King David was first entered upon in the present day by Rev. F. R
A. Glover, M.A. ("England the Remnant of Judah." London, 1861). He did not,
however, attempt to give the genealogy link by link, nor enter into the proofs
in detail. Since then the whole subject of Her Majesty's Jewish ancestry has
been further examined by various students and writers on our Israelitish origin.
Mr. J. C. Stephens has compiled a "Genealogical Chart, shewing the Connection
between the House of David and the Royal Family of Britain." (Liverpool, 1877.)
This gives the descent from Abraham to Zedekiah in full, as found in Matthew. It
then gives twelve generations only between Heremon, B.C. 580, and Victoria, A.D.
1819, thus, of course, omitting a great number of links. The descent of our
Royal Family from the royal line of Judah is, however, no new discovery. The
Saxon kings traced themselves back to Odin, who was traced back to his descent
from David, as may be seen in a very ancient MS. in the Herald's College,
London; and in Sharon Turner. ("History of the Anglo-Saxons," vol. i.) The full
and complete genealogy of Victoria from David does not appear to have been ever
printed; and it has, therefore, been thought that it would be useful, as well as
interesting, to put it on record, both for reference and testimony. In its
compilation reliable works of reference have been used - such as Anderson
("Royal Genealogies." London, 1732). Keating ("History of Ireland." Dublin,
1723), Lavoisne ("Genealogical and Historical Atlas." London, 1814), as well as
those mentioned above, and others. Perfect accuracy is hardly to be expected in
such an attempt; but it is believed that the genealogy is as correct as our
present knowledge of this obscure and intricate subject will permit.
In the following genealogy those who reigned have K prefixed to their names.
The dates after private names refer to their birth and death; those after
Sovereign's names, to their accession and death. Wherever known, the wives have
been mentioned. Besides those mentioned in Genesis, some have been obtained from
Polano ("The Talmud." London, 1877). b. and d. stand for born and died.
ADAM To VICTORIA.
1. Adam (B.C. 4000-3070), Eve.
2. Seth (B.C. 3870-2978).
3. Enos (B.C.
4. Cainan (B.C. 3675-2765).
5. Mahalaleel (B.C.
6. Jared (B.C. 3540-2578).
7. Enoch (B.C. 3378-3013).
Methuselah (B.C. 3313-2344).
9. Lamech (B.C. 3126-2344).
10. Noah (B.C.
11. Shem (B.C. 2442-2158).
12. Arphaxad (B.C.
13. Salah (B.C. 2307-2126).
14. Heber (B.C. 2277-2187).
Peleg (B.C. 2243-2004).
16. Reu (B.C. 2213-2026).
17. Serug (B.C.
18. Nahor (B.C. 2052-2003).
19. Terah (B.C. 2122-2083),
20. Abraham (B.C. 1992-1817), Sarah.
21. Isaac (R.C. 1896-1716),
22. Jacob (B.C. 1837-1690), Leah.
23. Judah (b. B.C. 1753),
29. Boaz (B.C. 1812), Ruth.
[KINGS OF ISRAEL.]
32. K. David (B.C. 1085-1015), Bathsheba.
33. K. Solomon (B.C. 1033-975),
34. K. Rehoboam (B.C. b. 1016, d. 958), Maacah.
35. K. Abijam
36. K. Asa (BC. 955-914), Azubah.
37. K. Jehoshaphat (B.C.
38. K. Jehoram (B.C. 889-885), Athaliah.
39. K. Ahaziah (B.C.
40. K. Joash (B.C. 885-839), Jehoaddan.
41. K. Amaziah
(B.C. b. 864, d. 810), Jecholiah.
42. K. Uzziah (B.C. b. 826, d. 758),
43. K. Jotham (B.C. b. 783, d. 742).
44. K. Ahaz (B.C. b. 787,
d. 726), Abi.
45. K. Hezekiah (B.C. b. 751, d. 698), Hephzibah.
Manasseh (B.C. b. 710, d. 643), Meshullemeth.
47. K. Amon (B.C. b. 621, d.
48. K. Josiah (B.C. b. 649, d. 610), Hamutah.
Zedekiah (B.C. 578-599).
[KINGS OF IRELAND.]
50. K. Heremon (fl. B.C. 580), Tea Tephi.
51. K. Irial Faidh (reigned 10
52. K. Eithriall (reigned 20 years).
Tighernmas (reigned 50 years).
Fiachadh Labhriane (reigned 24 years).
58. K. Aongus Ollmuchaidh (reigned 21
60. K. Rotheachta (reigned 25 years).
62. K. Siorna Saoghalach (reigned 21 years).
64. K. Giallebadh (reigned 9 years).
65. K. Aodhain Glas
(reigned 20 years).
66. K. Simeon Breac (reigned 6 years).
Muireadach Bolgrach (reigned 4 years).
68. K. Fiachadh Tolgrach (reigned 7
69. K. Duach Laidhrach (reigned 10 years).
71. K. Ugaine More the Great (reigned 30 years).
Cobhthach Coalbreag (reigned 30 years).
74. K. Jaran
Gleofathaeb (reigned 7 years)
75. K. Coula Cruaidh Cealgach (reigned 4
76. K. Oiliolla Caisfhiachach (reigned 25 years).
77. K. Eochaidh
Foltleathan (reigned 11 years).
78. K. Aongus Tuirmheach Teamharch (reigned
79. K. Eana Aighneach (reigned 28 years).
82. Easamhuin Eamhua.
86. K. Eodchaidh Feidhlioch (reigned 12
88. K. Lughaidh Riadhdearg.
89. K. Criombthan
Niadhnar (reigned 16 years).
90. Fearaidhach Fion Feachtnuigh.
Fiaebadh Fionoluidh (reigned 20 years).
92. K. Tuathal Teachtmar (reigned 50
93. K. Coun Ceadchatbach (reigned 20 years).
94. K. Arb Aonflier
(reigned 30 years).
95. K. Cormae Usada (reigned 40 years).
96. K. Caibre
Liffeachair (reigned 27 years).
97. K. Fiachadh Sreabthuine (reigned 30
98. K. Muireadhach Tireach (reigned 30 years).
99. K. Eochaidh
Moigmeodhin (reigned 7 years).
100. K. Niall of the Nine Hostages.
102. K. Murireadhach.
[KINGS OF ARGYLESHIRE.]
104. K. Feargus More (A.D. 487).
105. K. Dongard (d. 457).
Conran (d. 535).
107. K. Aidan (d. 604).
108. K. Eugene IV. (d.
109. K. Donald IV. (d. 650).
111. K. Eugene V. (d.
113. K. Eugene VII (d. A.D. 721), Spondan.
Effinus (d. A.D. 761), Fergina.
115. K. Achaius (d. A.D. 819),
116. K. Alpin (d. A.D. 834).
[SOVEREIGNS OF SCOTLAND.]
117. K. Kenneth II. (d. A.D. 854).
118. K. Constantin II. (d. A.D.
119. K. Donald VI. (d. A.D. 903).
120. K. Malcolm I. (d. A.D.
121. K. Kenneth III. (d. A.D. 994).
122. K. Malcolm II. (d. A.D.
123. Beatrix m. Thane Albanach.
124. K. Duncan I. (d. A.D.
125. K. Malcolm III. Canmore (A.D. 1055-1093), Margaret of
126. K. David I. (d. A.D. 1153), Maud of Northumberland.
Prince Henry (d. A.D. 1152), Adama of Surrey.
128. Earl David (d. A.D. 1219),
Maud of Chester.
129. Isobel m. Robert Bruce III.
130. Robert Bruce IV. m.
Isobel of Gloucester.
131. Robert Bruce V. m. Martha of Carriok.
Robert I. Bruce (A.D. 1306-1329), Mary of Burke.
133. Margary Bruce m. Walter
134. K. Robert II (d. A.D. 1390), Euphemia of Ross (d. A.D.
135. K. Robert Ill. (d. A.D. 1406), Arabella Drummond (d. A.D.
136. K. James I (A.D. 1424-1437), Joan Beaufort.
137. K. James II.
(d. A.D. 1460), Margaret of Gueldres (d. A.D. 1463).
188. K. James III. (d.
A.D. 1488), Margaret of Denmark (d. A.D. 1484).
139. K. James IV. (d. A.D.
1543), Margaret of England (d. A.D. 1539).
140. K. James V. (d. A.D. 1542),
Mary of Lorraine (d. A.D. 1560).
141. Q. Mary (d. A.D. 1587), Lord Henry
[SOVEREIGNS OF GREAT BRITAIN.]
142. K. James VI. and I. (A.D. 1603-1625), Ann of Denmark.
Elizabeth (1596-1613), K. Frederick of Bohemia.
144. Princess Sophia m. Duke
Ernest of Brunswick.
145. K. George I. (1698-1727), Sophia Dorothea Zelle
146. K. George II. (1727-1760), Princess Caroline of Auspach
147. Prince Frederick of Wales (1707-1751), Princess Augusta of
148. K. George III. (1760-1820), Princess Sophia of Mecklenburgh
149. Duke Edward of Kent (1767-1820), Princess Victoria
160. Q. Victoria (b. 1819, cr. 1838), Prince Albert of
WE issue this Leaflet to serve the grand and valuable object of supplying a
necessary link in proving the Identity of the British Nation with the Lost Ten
Tribes of Israel. This we have abundantly proved in the Pamphlet, entitled
"Forty-Seven Identifications of the British with Lost Israel," price 6d., to be
had of Messrs. S. W. Partridge & Co., and Mr. W. H.. Guest, both of
Paternoster Row. But we could not be identical with Israel unless Queen Victoria
was in a line with David, it being written - "Ought ye not to know that the Lord
God of Israel gave the Kingdom OVER ISRAEL to David FOR EVER; to him, and to his
sons, by a covenant of salt?" (2 Chron. 13:5; 21:7). We have always been able to
trace David's seed to Queen Tephi, of Ireland, who was the daughter of Zedekiah
: but the difficulty has been to supply a chart of the line from Queen Tephi to
King Fergus, of Scotland. This we now supply, through the valuable research of
the Rev. A. B. GRIMALDI, M.A., and is in itself a matter vital to the very best
interests of the British Empire.
BY THE REV. A. B. GRIMALDI, M.A., 1885
Price 2s. per 100; 16s. per 1,000.
London: ROBERT BANKS, Racquet-ct., Fleet-st., E.C.; S. W. PARTRIDGE, 9,
Paternoster-row; EDWARD HINE, 6, Oxford-terrace, Ealing, Middlesex.
(This was largely reprinted in J.H. Allen, "Judah's Sceptre and
Joseph's Birthright", 1902. Due to the difficulty of reading and scanning the
original Grimaldi document, there are inevitable typographical errors here.)